Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cruise Continued: Tortola, British Virgin Islands

On to day 4 of our cruise.  This day we stopped at Tortola, part of the British Virgin Islands.

We had another excursion planned - this time, it was more of a touristy one. We had some time to shop around for a little bit before.
We got to ride in this open-air taxi type truck and toured what seemed like the entire island.  I know we went pretty much all around it.  So today was full of scenery shots.  Sometimes those are boring when you weren't there yourself.  But maybe you'll enjoy them. 

Marveling more at these GInormous ships.

Our company for the day - minus my brother-in-law, Steve.






Our ship at the port in Tortola.

One fun part of the tour was that we goto make lots of stops along the way for local food and drinks.
At this little bar in the hills, we spotted an orange tree.
One of the locals got us one and cut it open for us to eat - yummy!

I couldn't believe how far away it seemed we were from our ship.

We stopped here for lunch.
"Wow this place looks like a screensaver!"...I'm not a big movie quote person - I never remember ANY of them.  But this one is fresh enough in my mind I did. Anyone know what movie it's from?

We enjoyed lunch in the shade.


And then got time to swim or relax before heading on.
here's the trucks we were in...




It was a fun day!  And our ONLY day out of all 7 of them that we were NOT on a beach or by a pool.  It was a nice change.


Someday I'll be done with our cruise pictures I promise.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Know the movie... just can't think of the name. Couple's Retreat?? Love Vince Vaughn. :) That picture does look like a screen saver!

Kendall Smith said...

Wow. That's amazing. I can't believe that scenery!!!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

how did you change necklaces mid-day?

Danielle H. said...

Okay, I also noticed the mid-day necklace change!!! Where did you get the adorable flouncy denim skirt?

Amanda said...

you made me go back and look because I don't remember changing necklaces - but now that 2 of you have noticed, I'll explain. I took the turquoise one off because I was hot. And then the long one is actually a whistle on a string that we got on our tour. So no necklace change - just got rid of the necklace and gained a whistle. Boy are you attentive to details!