Friday, April 23, 2010

Dave's toy

Spring means that it's time for Dave to bring his toy home.

His 1970 Cuda.

It stays at our old house - his grandma's house that is owned by the family, in the garage for the winter.
But as soon as the weather is nice he brings it home.

He loves this car.


And so do the kids - when it's not running.
They are a little unsure about the loud motor.
I just had to include this picture - it makes me laugh outloud, even if the light is bad.

The minute it comes home he gets it looking it's best.

And then I laugh as I watch how nervous he gets when the kids do this...


Yeah, even though Mason is a good 2 feet from the car - Dave is FREAKING as this picture is being taken.

I'm not going to try to give you lots of details about this car- I really know close to nothing.
I didn't realize what a big deal this car is until I rode around town in it.
People stop and turn.  People wave and whistle.
People drive really slow by you to get a good look.
I don't know much - but I know that it's a pretty cool car.

And I know that Dave is PROUD of this car.
Mostly proud because he and his dad redid the entire thing.
Lots of father/son time in the garage.
It's the car he drove to high school.

I wonder if he and Mason will do the same thing one day...
I think that would be pretty cool.

5 comments:

Amber said...

That is great. Mike has 2 "toys' as well. They are Mustangs and Hadley asks to ride in daddy's fast cars.

Toni :O) said...

Happy 40th Birthday to a really cool car! It's the year I was born so I love it and LOVE the color! Relive those glory days Dave is what I say! Yay for grown up toys!

The Sieberts said...

Collin is SO jealous. He said those cars sell for over $229,000 :)

Bethany said...

LOL, so funny. It looks like a nice car. It cracks me up how attached some guys get to certain cars though, I have to say! ;)

Chad and Jody said...

Men and their toys! At least this one is already bought and paid for, right?