Wednesday, April 28, 2010

the cruise finale

Man, I didn't think I'd be so slow to post all of our cruise pictures.
Here are the last bunch.
Day 5 - our 3rd stop was St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
This was the only day we could call home without paying $2/minute.
We had heard St. Thomas was the place for great shopping, but we weren't finding the right spots I guess.
If you were in the market for diamonds or liquor - you could find that pretty much all the way down the street, in every other store.
My Premier "family" - LOVE them!

We had quite the time trying to decide on which beach to go to.
We asked "what's the best beach?" to LOTS of people.
Every cab driver told us something different - usually it was the further away ones so we'd have to pay more to get there.
Every store clerk told us something different.
Finally, we just had to pick one.

It was a good one.
Can you really go wrong picking a beach in the Caribbean?
We rented jet skis to share among the 7 of us!
Dave worked his skills again and bartered with the guy to get us a great deal!
We enjoyed some yummy food in the shade.

Day 6 was spent at sea.
Day 7 - was our last stop at a private island in the Bahamas owned by Norwegian Cruise Lines.
We got lucky - the cruise 2 weeks before couldn't stop this day because of rough waters.

I didn't get any pictures this day, except of this...

I found a hermit crab!  But I wouldn't hold it.
Dave wasn't scared though.
The rest of these pictures are leftovers that didn't really fit anywhere else.

I loved laying in the sun.  Dave prefers the shade.
Yes, he really was sleeping.
There were shows every night in the Stardust Theatre, so we caught several of them.
Me and my friend and Premier "daughter" Kim!  She's a rockstar!

And yes, my husband is asleep again.


It's funny that everyone else is dressed cute and I'm in my KState shirt AGAIN. This was the night of the overtime game - we watched the game at a bar outside on the deck, it was so nice!
These are the 5 other lovely ladies I got to spend 7 days with!

And that's the end.
My tan is faded.
I've barely been able to wear shorts or capris since being back.
The Caribbean is now just a memory.
But I DO still have that $50 Pepsi cup in the picture above.
$50 got me unlimited Pepsi for the whole 7 days.
You may think that is rediculously expensive and totally not worth it.
But do you know how much I love Pepsi?
It was worth it.

Overall, after this trip, we decided we LOVE to cruise!
Next on my list - Alaska and the Meditteranean

Thanks Premier - for 7 days in paradise!

2 comments:

rentz said...

Ours was a Coke cup. And we only had to pay $35. You got robbed! : )You're making me want another cruise...right this minute!

The Packard's said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! An Alaskan cruise would be awesome!!!