Saturday, May 29, 2010

pictures with nana

We stopped by and spent some time with Dave's mom on Thursday night for her birthday!
We were all enjoying the beautiful weather out on the deck.
I had fun playing with my camera settings and trying to get some good shots in the dark.
The only light was from the 2 candles at the table, and I think I did pretty good!
I don't have a photographer's eye - so who knows if they are really that good.
But they are good to me!
I was impressed with myself.
For anyone interested - I was just shooting in P - and had my ISO at 6400.
Probably not the RIGHT way - there is still so much I don't know.
But that's all I could figure out for now.
Everything else I tried was blurry.
All you pros can send your tips my way if you want!

1 comment:

The Sieberts said...

you know...i have to admit i shoot in auto mode most often. A tip from me would be figure out what works best for you lighting wise-figure out what you consistently get the best pictures doing-and do that! i think your pics look great considering it was a very low light situation! Have fun figuring out your new toy! :o)