Saturday, July 3, 2010

colorado adventure part 3: rafting day

On Saturday of our trip half of the group had plans to go white water rafting.
We were afraid that sore necks and only one vehicle would ruin our plans - but it didn't.
3 couples were stuck at the cabin waiting for a vehicle, and the rest of us headed out to Idaho Springs.

We ate breakfast at this little joint...
We ate in 8 minutes.
Then it was rafting time!
We had to listen to lots of instructions, some that could really make you chicken out.
But no chickening out, right Shannon?
And then we got to put on some really cool gear.
Are you ready for some laughs?
(you may want to click on this next picture and zoom in on Aaron's water shoes.
An Alco treasure.)
are you laughing yet?
It gets better.



And then I had to put my camera away. 
And we were too cheap to buy the pictures they sold of us in action.
But it was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!
Dave and I had never done it before and we loved it.
We did an intermediate trip - and although it was intense at times, it wasn't quite as intense as I had expected.
We decided we'd maybe go for a harder one next time.

We spent the rest of the evening in the quaint little town of Idaho Springs.



And the rest of our group met up with us for some yummy BBQ for dinner.

We are SO blessed to be in a group with these couples and we LOVED this trip that allowed us to get to know everyone even more!
Matt ditched Rachel and found someone else...

The guys weren't thrilled to take a group picture, this is what we got from them..
A few of them were much more into it than others.

I loved this waterfall across the highway.

And I just can't get over how cute this picture COULD have been.
Silly Joel. I think he is out to see how many pictures in his lifetime he can ruin.

Are you tired of Colorado yet?
Just a few more pictures to come - and they are some BEAUTIES!!

3 comments:

Kendall Smith said...

Again, nice work. Can I just steal yours?? :-)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

When Joel and Kendall were in our group, Joel would always pose with his great big eyes! So funny!

Aaron and Shannon said...

Great post Amanda! It was so much fun and those pictures defintely captured it!