Wednesday, April 11, 2012

spring fashion 2012

I did a fashion presentation for a women's group last week.  It was a lot of fun.
So since I did the research and gathered some visuals already, I might as well show you too, right?
Even though spring really started in January.  And maybe you are done shopping.

These are just some of the trends, the ones I was seeing most often.

They say the #1 color for the season is Tangerine Tango.
And after doing a lot of shopping over the weekend, I noticed that it kind of ranged from orange to coral.  I saw both colors EVERYWHERE!
Other big colors - navy and mint green.
Stores had both of these colors all over too.  More navy than mint green.
 I almost got a super cute mint green dress at Target, it just didn't make the cuts into my shopping cart.
And tons of neon colors.  Old Navy had a lot of neon out.  You can get really bold pieces and you can get the neon in something a little more tame that's not screaming 80's.

                                         Gap                                                             Old Navy


 Pair neon pieces with neutrals you already have in your closet.



Both of the pictures above are also an example of the colored denim trend.
Lots of pastel denim, and also green, turqoise, yellow, and coral.
Instead of denim colored skinny jeans or cropped pant, add a pair with color this season.


Lots of floral prints.

                                                            all floral prints from Old Navy


Lots of lace and open knits.

Gap
Old Navy

 And color-blocks.
                                           Gap                                                          Forever 21

Old Navy
 (was just on sale for $15 when I was there this past week)

All I know is that I'm totally ready for some new spring looks.  Why does it seem like after spending 9 months pregnant, when I pull stuff back out of my closet, I wonder WHAT in the WORLD did I wear last spring??  I guess I was already in maternity clothes.  So it's been 2 years.
That justifies some shopping, right?

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love when you do your fashion post! It makes me want to go shopping right away! And I'm having the same problem...I don't really know what I wore last year! Being pregnant really throws off my wardrobe!

Brouillettes said...

I know what you mean... and it looks so outdated!!! Guess I need to work a lot to justify it huh? ;)