So what do you do with what seems like a whole wardrobe of clothes that you haven't touched for about 2 years or more, stuff in which will NEVER fit again after going through 2 pregnancies??? Thank goodness for garage sales!
This weekend we joined about 13 other couples/families from our Sunday School class for a big garage sale! We didn't have much around the house this time that we really needed to get rid of, just my clothes! It was sad going through things that seemed like I only wore for a short time before getting pregnant. And yes, I even found some things with the price tags still on. But I guess being pregant for 18 out of the last 29 months would be why so many of my clothes are now garage sale worthy (not to mention all the other months after the babies, that I STILL did not fit into most of my wardrobe). And it's amazing how fast things just seem so outdated...there were some things that I LOVED 2 years ago that I could never wear now. And you thought technology was bad!
So anyway, 2 babies later....I have now had to say goodbye to LOTS of clothes...with the realization that the work involved in trying to fit back into them is just not worth it!
Typically, I don't think adult clothes sell well at garage sales, but I had great luck! I made $130 with mostly everything priced at either 1 or 2 dollars! Let's see how far that goes in getting me some new clothes! Or....we may just save it for one of the toys on our wish list!
2 comments:
Your post just made me feel so much better, Amanda! I just went through that earlier this summer... cleaning out my closet, getting rid of so many things that I just don't think will ever fit me again. Since my baby is over 3, I don't think I can pass this extra weight off as "baby weight." I decided it was just easier to buy new clothes. If I could only have half of Tobie's motivation...
Well, seeing how I'm almost ready to have my first baby, I know that I will be in your shoes soon. The sad thing is that last year, before being pregnant, I was needing to get rid of clothes that didn't fit. So, I'm thinking that pregnancy will not help my situation :)
Post a Comment