I just got back from a very FUN Premier business trip to the St. Louis area with my sister-in-law Stefanie. It was such a fun little (or shall I say 8 hour) road trip to see some of our Premier jewelers there! We had never met these girls before, they got started doing Premier with one of my friends who used to live there and has now moved away. Until this weekend, we had only known them through phone and email. They are doing amazing things with their businesses, and are all still so new, so we planned a weekend of training and treats for them! It was so fun meeting all 5 of them, getting to know all about them, training with them, and spoiling them with lots of recognition and dinner!
I say St. Louis, but we were really in a very small town called Breese, IL. We arrived Friday night at the Knotty Pine Motel....the only lodging option there was without staying in a nearby town. We decided we wouldn't be picky! We were a little worried when we found a sign that said "For room information, inquire at the bar". How funny! Luckily, the place was VERY clean...nothing special, but good enough to get a good night's sleep. ALTHOUGH, due to a scary guy staring out his window from a few rooms down, and watching us the entire time we unpacked our car, we did sleep with a table and chair in front of the door! Saturday we trained most of the day and then took the girls to dinner. We decided to cancel our room at the Knotty Pine for Saturday night and just start driving home as far as we could make it and then stop and get a room somewhere. Well, we kept going and going and after Kansas City we thought we'd just push ourselves all the way home! The final hour was the worst! I pulled into my driveway at 4:45am!!! It was definitely worth getting home and not having to drive all day today!
Thanks to my wonderful husband who let me sleep in this morning, I am somewhat recovered. I'm sure I'll pay for it the rest of the week though! Dave had a good weekend with the kids...they played outside a lot, Taylor swam in her pool, they went on a paddleboat ride and played with cousin Jaden at papa's house. I did arrive home to find Taylor's nose and lip quite scraped up from a fall off the front porch steps onto the cement. It's not so pretty looking, but she's fine! Mason on the other hand, decided to get much more vocal while I was gone. Before I left he was making very soft cooing sounds. But NOW, he is making lots of oooooing and aaaaaing sounds....maybe he was just excited to have me home today, but he was quite the loud little man!
1 comment:
Glad you made it home safely! I hate driving at night so much that I once slept in my car at a truck stop. I was in college (read young and stupid!). :)
Post a Comment