Wednesday, June 16, 2010

family date night

We headed out as a family on Friday night.

Dinner at Hu Hot - one of our favorites!
Kids 3 and under eat free - perfect!

And then onto the movie theatre.
The kids were free at the theatre too - even more perfect!
Taylor has been into pictures lately - I often hear "mom, go get your camera and take a picture!"
This was one of her requested shots...standing in line for pop and popcorn.

Somehow the kids got interested in the movie Marmaduke a few weeks ago.
They both have little Marmaduke dogs at home (which I think came from some happy meal they got with Nana somewhere) Mason sleeps with his lots of  nights.
So we decided we'd have to go see Marmaduke when it came out.
I didn't realize until I went to find a picture to post that Marmaduke was a comic/cartoon that's now being put to movie.  I had never heard of Marmaduke before - the name just makes me laugh.
Especially when Mason says it.
We were 4 out of 5 people in the theatre.
Dave slept.
We made ourselves right at home.
We laughed -it was a cute movie, and it kept their attention pretty well, but I wouldn't recommend spending your money on it. The reviews aren't really very good.

And if you do spend your money on it, you should at least TRY to stay awake.

3 comments:

Chad and Jody said...

also, for the future- kids eat free on Mondays at Hu Hot! MMMMMMM.... one of our favs, too.

Chad and Jody said...

also, for the future- kids eat free on Mondays at Hu Hot! MMMMMMM.... one of our favs, too.

The Boccias said...

So 3 year olds are still free for movies? Nathan really wants to take Sophie to Toy Story...

Looks like a great family date!