This is the real reason we took our day trip to Independence...
They were hoping it would start. But no luck.
So my dad and Dave had to work extra hard to get it trailored up for the drive back to Newton.
We weren't home but 10 minutes and Dave had the hood opened already.
With the help of his dad, they finally got it running.
While they were working, I took some pictures to document the way it was when we got it. Not that it will be changing much.
On Grandpa's visor he had several calendars clipped up.
The truck itself is a 1967 Chevy, green was it's original color.
My grandpa bought it new, so he has been the sole owner.
I have memories of riding in this truck.
Turning the radio station to the music of my choice, because Grandpa always gave in.
Grandpa would drive to Winfield to pick my sister and I up and sometimes he'd come in the truck.
So we'd get to make the 2 hour trip to Independence in this.
But that is just the start of where this truck has been.
It's first trip was from Kansas to Montreal for the Worlds Fair in 1967.
It also made a trip to Alaska, New York City and all over the rest of the country.
I learned a new car term - "3 on the tree"
Dave had to explain it to me. But anyway, that's what this truck has.
Now that it's running, Dave got rid of the topper and has been driving it around.
It's been fun to see Dave work on this truck and get it all cleaned up.
He's really enjoying it.
It was Grandpa's pride and joy,
and I'm so glad that it's now his.










2 comments:
How special is that!!
WOW! That is soo special! I love that your grandpa was the sole owner of that truck...and now your husband will have fun working on it. Those visor calendars are awesome! Fun photography shots! I would have a blast with my camera and this truck ;)
Post a Comment