We just joined this challenge.
I waited till Dave came home from work tonight and had him read about it.
We agreed this was exactly what we needed, what we have been talking about needing.
Some accountability.
So we're in! And you can join too!
I so badly want to prepare my heart to truly focus on Jesus - and the gift that He is to me.
I want my eyes to be opened to Him in a way they never have been before.
And what better way to do that than to commit to being in the Word everyday.
And what better way to do that than to commit to being in the Word everyday.
Advent means the coming or arrival.
To me, that sounds EXCITING! Full of anticipation.
Because of the First Advent we can be full of anticipation for the 2nd!!
I don't want to get caught up in the busyness of the season and feel so frantic and chaotic that I miss the blessing of just KNOWING him more.
I want to celebrate more than just his birth.
I want to be able to celebrate WHO he is, and see Him with a newer, clearer vision this season, than ever before.
I want to make sure I'm preparing my heart so that I can help my children to understand this special time better also. I don't want to just try to find ways I can squeeze Jesus into all the other things that cloud up this holiday. I want him to be ALL that this holiday is about. But I know that I have to get my heart in the right place to be able to do that.
Because there really is a lot that could keep me from that.
Like the multiple holiday events/parties I am hosting, the decorations that need to be finished, the shopping, the wrapping, the baking, hosting Christmas at our house with my parents, and the list goes on.
If I'm not careful - all of this is what will take over this celebration.
Join us if you'd like!
We found a great reading guide that we are going to follow. It's called "Rediscovering the Christmas Season" and we found it at http://www.youversion.com/.
Even if you don't start till Dec. 2 or 3rd, or later - START! And then don't stop.
Our prayer is that we can make this season about resetting Jesus Christ at the center of our lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment