I figured I'm already in trouble so I might as well share the rest of these pictures.
These 2 are loving to play dress-up lately.
Cheerleaders or princesses - they are pretty indifferent.
Unfortunately I'm done shopping for Mason for Christmas,
but I have decided and been advised by many that maybe we should invest in some boy dress-up clothes.
So I guess the boy is getting dress-up clothes for his birthday in February.
Where do I get boy dress-up clothes? Share your ideas with me please!



7 comments:
I have 4 boys and kept a dress up box. Hats, a few old ties, big scarves that could become capes, boots, a blazer, baseball uniform top, old halloween costume parts; googles and glasses without the glass. They also liked gloves and mittens-- I remember their hands become creatures or puppets too.
Your kiddos are adorable...
Hats - Cowboy, pilot, fireman, train engineer, baseball, football. Found these at garage sales and thrift stores. Superman pjs or other hero pjs are good for dress up. My kids were all about dress up. I made a Peter Pan hat out of construction paper once too. Also, use a step stool as a ladder for a fireman. Make a window to tape on the wall with a "beautiful screaming lady" to rescue.
those pics are adorable/hilarious and classic! i have some of our son dressed up as a princess to his dad's horror!
i found some cute ones at toys-r-us. last christmas they were buy one, get one free...
they have doctor, policeman, fireman, hunting, etc...great quality and comes with things that go with the outfit (hat, walkie talkie, badge, handcuffs, whistle, tickets come with the police one)...Imaginarium makes them. very pleased with them and my kids play with them all the time.
:) linda
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dress+up+clothes+for+boys&tag=googhydr-20&index=toys-and-games&hvadid=1105157861&ref=pd_sl_4415qe1ei3_b
Hey Amanda, I love the dress-up pics! Also wanted to tell you that we have a bookstore around here that sells lots of Melissa and Doug brand dress up clothes: policeman, chef, doctor, construction, vet, etc. They are really cute! I bet if you searched Melissa and Doug brand you could find something. Looks like lots of fun! Braden hasn't got into dressing up yet but maybe if I gave him something to do it with, he would! :)
Our little guy loves to dress up w/his big sissy too (complete w/Tutus and frilly princess dresses and all!) Personally, i think it's fine. A friend of mine who works in a preschool said she could always tell which little boys had older sisters because they LOVE to dress up! The other suggestions are great (firefighter, super hero, etc) And if you can find a consignment store that sells used halloween costumes, that can be a cheap option too! :) ~Jennifer~
I think my little brother dressed up in girls clothes with me until he was ten or so. We even got one of the neighborhood boys to do it with us and I think he was around twelve or so.
As long as your kinds are using their imagination I don't see what it hurts if they are boys or girls clothes. Etsy has lots of dress up clothes too.
Post a Comment