Monday, August 27, 2012

a day of weddings

We had a full day of weddings a few weeks ago.  Definitely the first time we've ever had 2 in one day.
 Gavin's high pitched squeals came out in full force during the weddings.  I think he knows when everyone else is quiet is the best time to make himself be heard.
 
 
Dave's 1970 Cuda was in the first wedding.  And Dave was in the 2nd wedding.
Dave was as close to a hard attack as you can get when he watched the groom swing open the door.  Dave didn't realize he had parked the car right by a pole.  It seriously came within centimeters.


The cow bells were a unique touch to the morning wedding.  They fit in well with the entire wedding party's cowboy boots.  But really, they have made quite the fun noise maker at home for Gavin.
 
We had a little break in the afternoon.  Which really wasn't much of a break.  Dave was the best man at the next wedding, which meant he had that infamous speech to prepare for.  And there's nothing like preparing at the last minute.
I'm not sure how many best men practice their speech beforehand.  I'm guessing a lot of them wing it in the moment.  Which for obvious reasons can sometimes turn out to be disasters. But as quoted by Dave in his speech he is "the furthest thing from a public speaker you will ever meet." 
So to help him feel better, the kids and I got to sit and listen to him say it about 5 times.
Half way through, Taylor said "when can I say something?" 
Her new favorite activity might be giving speeches now.
 


I don't think you can tell in the picture above, but at this point I'm pretty sure Dave was a nervous wreck.  He could hardly even eat the yummy meal that was served.  I felt so bad for him and just wanted to get it over with so he could enjoy the rest of the evening.
 
 
Finally, he got it over with.  And he did awesome! 
He got several "that was the BEST best man speech ever."
Whether they were just being nice, or they really meant it, they were nice compliments that I think he definitely earned!
 


 
They kids had a blast dancing the night away, until they had to go home with Nana and Papa.
And this little babe was pooped and fell asleep in the corner of the room.


My favorite part of weddings is definitely getting to dress up.  Especially when my hubby is in a handsome tux.
 
 
But then go figure, we don't really even get a good picture.  The only one we got was taken by Mason.
 

 
I borrowed the black dress from my little sis, but now she's letting me keep it!  She's the best!
Guess I just need another reason to where it now.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun day. My husband was best man in a wedding a year ago and I think I was more nervous than he was! Love the pictures of Taylor and Dave dancing. Nothing sweeter than a daddy dancing with his daughter.

Sarah @ this farm family's life