Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Girl's Night Out!

Nothing is better than a dinner out, a girly movie and chips, salsa and margaritas afterwards!
Last Saturday, 6 of us decided we needed a GIRL'S NIGHT! Well, I decided that I needed to PLAN a girls night after Dave has had multiple guy's nights out! We have to keep it fair ya know!

We planned to eat at Olive Garden, but the wait was too long and we would have missed our movie....so we ended up settling for Granite City next door. It was a little bit of a downer since we were all waiting all day for salad and breadsticks!

We planned to see this movie:

But we messed up on the movie times (that was my mistake I think!) and it was playing later than we had planned.

So we ended up seeing this instead...

I don't think I have actually ever sat through a movie with a big smile on my face the whole time. And when I realized I was smiling so much, I tried to stop, but couldn't! It was SOOO fun! Go see this movie with your girlfriends!!! (disclaimer: this may NOT be one that your husbands would enjoy...don't get me wrong, my husband has watched MANY chick flicks with me, but I would definitely have to draw the line on this one for him...I'm thinking he would have maybe got up and walked out!)

So now I think we need to have a DANCE PARTY night with the soundtrack!!! Amy, I know you're in!! I added songs from the soundtrack to my playlist...so enjoy!

After the movie, we sat on the patio at On the Border for chips and salsa, cheese dip that we were CONVINCED had been mixed with broccoli-cheese soup (but the waiter denied it), and some yummy margaritas!!

We definitely need a girls night more often!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm totally in! Kristi and I said we want to get the DVD and then learn all the dances!

Danelle said...

Of course you need another girls night...and I need invited!!!!!!

Stefanie said...

when I hear the music from Momma Mia, it still makes me SMILE!! I gotta get that soundtrack. Too fun! Stef