This morning, we headed to Manhattan, all 4 of us in our K-State purple...ready to bear the cold.
We met up with our good friends from Winfield who have a parking spot and tailgate in their HEATED RV! The kids would not have gone with us otherwise.
Taylor LOVED driving the RV!
I think the heat made us popular...because we had several visitors who stopped by to chat for awhile! Just kidding, I know they really wanted to see us!
I think the heat made us popular...because we had several visitors who stopped by to chat for awhile! Just kidding, I know they really wanted to see us! I was so excited that lots of my Pi Phi sisters from college, were going to this game too...Jill and Lawrin, it was SOOO nice catching up (well, as much as we could!) Thanks for stopping to chat!
Stef and Steve (Dave's sister and husband) and their friends who were wearing RED....came to visit too!
Stef and Steve (Dave's sister and husband) and their friends who were wearing RED....came to visit too!Guess who we saw walking through the parking lot???
WILLIE the Wildcat!!
We grabbed the kids and RAN out to get a picture! I pretty much just threw Mason in Willie's arms....Mason, has no idea what's going on. Taylor on the other hand was NOT a big fan. This is probably a sign of what's to come with Santa!
We did manage to get a picture with all of us and Willie, it's just on someone else's camera...so hopefully I can get a hold of that!
Mason took a nap all snuggled up in the warm RV, and we took Taylor to see more of my Pi Phi friends and then on into her FIRST football game!
Mason took a nap all snuggled up in the warm RV, and we took Taylor to see more of my Pi Phi friends and then on into her FIRST football game!Jill, Laura, Taylor and Betsy
Callie (bottom), Liz (top) and Betsy (pink hat) were 3 of my roommates my senior year.
Jenny, we missed you! Andrea, I'm sad I missed you too!
Finally, we made it into the game! Taylor was in awe. When everyone cheered (which didn't happen very much)...she just lit up with a HUGE smile!
Finally, we made it into the game! Taylor was in awe. When everyone cheered (which didn't happen very much)...she just lit up with a HUGE smile!

We didn't last too long....then back to the warm RV!
Thanks Norma, for staying with Mason!
Thanks Norma, for staying with Mason!
I love Manhattan, I love K-State football, I love purple, I love tailgating, I loved seeing old friends, I loved being cold (oh wait, just kidding), I would have loved it much more if the Wildcats had won...or at least if they were any good! But I especially loved taking our kiddos to experience K-State football....maybe just not at their finest!
3 comments:
Yay! The kids' first football experience! Hopefully you can take them each year & they'll both grow up loving K-State! Or will Mason take after Daddy??!!
Sounds fun! I wish we could have made it to a game this year. Maybe next year!
Thanks for sharing, Amanda! It was soooo great to see you - you're kids are too cute. They're growing up so fast! Hope we can get together again sometime soon!
Post a Comment