Sunday, February 22, 2009

big boy carseat

Last weekend we decided to go ahead and move Mason into a big boy carseat.
He's not quite a year old....and I know we're really not suppossed to have him front-facing till then. But he DEFINITELY qualifies by weight. And who cares that we're just a few weeks early.

Well, hopefully no one cares.

Here's our big ALMOST ONE YEAR OLD!
Photobucket

It's just so funny to look back there and see my baby sitting like this! I just laugh every time.

And it's even more funny to look back and see them both together.
Photobucket
We didn't end up liking Taylor's seat very well...so we opted NOT to get matching ones.
I like Mason's better. Although he looks like he's being swallowed by it...I just feel better about how much it surrounds him. Actually, it surrounds him so much he can't really even look at his sister. Kind of funny.

And yes, I do realize we've gotta do something about miss Taylor's hair. I know it's pretty much crazy in every picture I take. It seems that I never take pictures when she has a bow in to keep her hair out of her face, or when she has a cute ponytail or pigtails. We need to get it cut...and I just don't see her doing well with that...so I'm stalling. In the mean time, you'll continue to see some crazy-hair pictures.

4 comments:

Aaron and Shannon said...

I remember moving Eli to his "big seat!" They do look so little in it! Before you know it though, he'll be so big in it! I love Taylor's laugh in that picture!

The Sieberts said...

we cheated with Ava's carseat too. we figured she was one and close enough to 21 pounds with clothes on! oh-and i like Taylor's messy hair :)

Wendy said...

Hope you don't mind that I'm peeking into your life :) Your family is beautiful!

It was hard for me too to post something new after Baby Cora's story. I'm just one of those random folks out here in BLOG LAND.

BTW, I love your messy pic -- I'll see if I can find one to post and challenge all of my mom-blog friends to the challenge too :)

It's funny because practically all of our church's pastoral staff (Christ's Church Of The Valley - CCV - Peoria, AZ) is from Kansas (well, that might be a slight exaggeration -- but it's ALOT!!!).

I've never been to Kansas -- but I've felt a connection to all of you guys just because of the wonderful people I've been blessed to know who come from your neck of the woods!

God bless your family every day.

Kendall Smith said...

Mason's looks like Ollie's seat--and we really like that one. But yeah, he can't really see anyone else in the backseat!!! :-)