Saturday, February 28, 2009

my little man

This little guy turns one today. (I have to say today, because it's 12:30am)
Photobucket
It's hard to believe.
Very bittersweet.
I keep looking at him and thinking he does not seem near as big as Taylor did when she was one. He's my baby.

I'm up late tonight baking the cake...as usual.
Tomorrow I'll frost and decorate...my first experience with tips.

This last week he has showed more and more of the "BOY" in him.

His newest talent...

Photobucket
Standing on a vehicle with wheels.
That rolls back and forth with the slightest movement.
He really does have good balance.
But he's definitely taken some tumbles...and gets right back up and does it again!

5 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Wow! The little man is one. How awesome is that. Happy Birthday Mason! Have a fun day -- all of you Balzer's.

Kara Janzen said...

Happy Birthday Mason!!! We're thinking of you today and remembering back to visiting your parents in the hospital before we went home from the hospital with Braden! We hope you have a WONDERFULLY fun day and we'll have to get our one-year-olds together again soon!

Wendy said...

The time goes really fast...so fast...you'll blink and he'll be climbing onto the school bus. Mother's lives are hectic -- we're busy -- often we're overwhelmed with the little details of life.

But God knows our heart -- even if the house is a mess and the kids need a bath.

Try hard to savor every precious moment!!!

Joel Smith said...

Happy Birthday Mason! We sang to you at breakfast this morning. We've LOVED watching you grow and show those 'boy' qualities. You boys are SO MUCH FUN though!!!

Kendall

Bethany said...

Awww!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend! Kids' birthdays are always so bittersweet!! The years come and go FAR too fast!

Talk to you soon!!