Thursday, February 19, 2009

trying to find peace

I'll be playing a little catch up in these next few posts.

I've just had a really hard time knowing how to transition from my last posts to other things.
Part of me doesn't want to. Part of me feels guilty.
It's just so hard.

Same reason I'm struggling a little bit with this birthday party we have coming up...in just a week and a half. Very mixed emotions.
I want to celebrate. I DO feel very blessed and thankful. And I want my baby boy to have a wonderful birthday.
BUT, it's just not fair. It's not fair that our friends are in so much pain and should be celebrating their little girl's first birthday the same week.

I keep thinking of these verses...

"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning"Psalm 30:5
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
These bring some peace...but it's still hard.
I think we'll blow some party horns for Cora....so she can hear us wishing her a happy birthday too! I'm sure her party in heaven will be WAY better than Mason's.

It's all just hard.

I know my family has been missing our usual posts. And I know they understand why they have been lacking.

So for now, I'll leave you with a few pictures of Taylor.
We've had colds around here forever....they are hanging on WAY longer than usual.
Mason's been on antibiotics twice now...now that he's being treated for a sinus infection, hopefully this gets it!

Taylor's pretty much over her cold now. But it was bad for awhile...with a cough that kept us awake ALL night one night. It got so bad, it seemed like she wasn't even catching her breath very well. So needless to say, the Dr. started her on this...
Photobucket
You may be thinking...
"wow, she's good at that, holding it up herself and everything!"
Well, this wasn't her first time with this thing
Here she is exactly 2 years ago to the month...
Photobucket
At least we're getting some more use out of that expensive thing!

She didn't mind her treatments at all. In fact, before naps and bed, she'd say
"I nee take my bweeving machee wight now"

I'm impressed...a 2 year old, sitting, holding this thing, and not getting too terribly bored before it was finished.

Let's just hope Mason doesn't ever have to do these....I don't think they give you anything to strap the masks on with!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I can only imagine how hard it must be to celebrate Mason's birthday. But you know what, just because he has a birthday to celebrate is reason to do it right. I totally get why you 'feel guilty' but you can't. I don't have a good reason why, but you just can't.

It is hard to not think about the pain that Joel and Jess are experiencing. And it is easy to feel guilty...to not want to show the 'fun' we are having. But Joel and Jess don't expect us to stop having fun with our kids, and God doesn't either. We have to pray hard for them and be there for them, but we can't stop living our lives.

I say all of this, and I still don't have it all figured out. But praying about it really does help. I barely even put anything on my blog about it all, because it just is too hard. But we can't take the pain away, we can only pray it away.

I hope you get to feeling better and all of your colds. We are starting them, so we might not see you for awhile!

Amy said...

They do make masks with straps! Ours is actually a cute little fish face. Our kids both love to have bweeving treatments! They get upset if one of them gets to do it and not the other. And it's handy to have.

I understand your post, too. I felt the same way... guilty about going back to posting fun pictures and cute stories about the kids. But as hard as it is, life does go on. I agree with Alyssa... although Joel and Jess may be somewhat jealous of the fact that you do get to celebrate Mason's birthday, they would never want you to feel guilty or not go all out with his party. They love you guys and they want you to be happy. They know how important it is to celebrate your time with your little man.