Our hearts are breaking for our friends.
We have so many questions and just wish we could make sense of this and understand.
But we KNOW God loves Cora and God loves her parents. He doesn't expect us to understand.
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”Isaiah 55:8-9
We prayed for the cancer to be gone. And now it is. She is now perfect. Being held by our GREAT AND WONDERFUL GOD.
After spending time in prayer and sharing thoughts about this loss...We closed our Sunday School class this morning, with this song...
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus says the Lord!”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!
And that's what we must do. TRUST HIM.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:25-30
Yes, sweet Cora, you ARE an angel.
A beautiful one.
6 comments:
WOW!! This was so good to read! What good thoughts Amanda. This is so hard to understand and you said it so well!!
I am lifting you guys and your Sunday school class up as well as you walk through this hard hard thing with Joel and Jess. I am so glad that they have you all!!
Much love and many prayers,
Heather
You don't know me. I saw your blog on Joel and Jess's. I went to Berean and was in Jess's class. I did not get to graduate from there as my family moved after my sophomore year, but my sister, Belinda, stayed behind and graduated in Joel's class. I just wanted you to know that this made things a little clearer to me. Of course I know this, but sometimes it's hard to live it. Thank you for your words as they touched me and gave me some peace. God bless you. We will continue pray for all of Cora's family for years to come.
I love what you said here, Amanda. I hope you don't mind if I steal part of it for my blog.
Powerful words! My heart aches for your friends... and I have been praying that they are surrounded with peace, comfort and strength today.
God bless sweet Cora! I did not know her, but I am certain there was a celebration at the gates of heaven today when this beautiful angel entered!
You are in my thoughts and prayers as well. Thank you for sharing these amazing words today. I am sure they will bring comfort to many.
Oh, Amanda... My heart breaks for this family. Such great perspective - and a necessary reminder for us all. Sometimes, it's hard to see God's purpose through our own grief. I'll continue to pray for them, for peace and healing. Thanks for the update.
I had similar thoughts when I saw that photo on the McClenahans' blog.
Cora was such an adorable little angel too.
What heartache for their family. :(
Post a Comment