Sunday, March 15, 2009

bigger than us

For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting...
Here is the outcome of Jewels for Cora...
Last night Dave and I handed Jess and Joel a check for $2700!!!

With approximately $800 more still to come! So an estimated $3500 will be the total.
We surprised Jess with $1800 in free jewelry from the hostess benefits. Every female in her family got some of this love too!

My expectations were blown away.
It's amazing how God is taking so many of our simple human abilities and making them so much more.

Jewels for Cora was a night filled with tears and laughter. I think it was a refreshing mix of the 2. I think lots of people came expecting ONLY a jewelry show...they got much more. There were many there who didn't know Jess and Joel, they had never met Cora. Before the jewelry and fashion, we wanted them to know our friends. We wanted them to know their faith. And why this night was so important to so many of us. There were even some there who DO know Jess and Joel and they still commented that they heard things about them they never knew before.

Alone, I could have never done this. I know God had the biggest part.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

Photobucket(photos (photo courtesy Meg D )


But I also know that it's thanks to everyone involved that this night was as big as it was.

I could have never gotten 75 people there on my own.

I could have never found 100 ladies on my own to purchase new jewelry for their wardrobe for Cora. We had 100 customers EXACTLY! Thank you to everyone who passed the invitation on and spread the news of this event all over.

I could have never gotten catalogs to all the people ALL OVER wanting them. Thanks Andrea, Sarah and Shannon! That job turned way bigger than I imagined!

I could have never handled all the talking and sharing that night. Thanks Julie, Amy, Kendall and all the girls who read comments.

I could have NEVER EVER handled the computer part of things and had slideshows and music running smoothly...I couldn't even get the microphone to come on. Thanks Colin!

I could have never handled doing the actual jewelry show that night...even though I've done almost 250 of them. Thanks Stef! Everyone said you were so fun!

I could never have handled setting up 100 chairs...thanks so my wonderful husband!

I could have never handled taking 75 orders and being able to help ladies all around the room as well. Thanks Jessica, Sarah and Jacquie!

I could have never captured the night with photos to be able to share with everyone, including Jess and Joel. Thanks Meg and Kendall!
Photobucket

There are SO many other things that girls helped with...balloons, cookies, drinks, decorations (which were SOOO cute and SOOO Cora!), modeling, welcoming, set up, clean up, etc. The night was a success because of everyone involved.
Photobucket
I loved Premier before. How couldn't I? It allows me to have my dream job...being a stay-at-home mom and still bring in full time income. But I love Premier even more now. I love that we're taught to serve and enrich lives, and keep God in the center of our lives. I love that it allowed me to do this. I love that it is a product that is so profitable....especially in this instance. I love that jewelry brought a smile to Jess's face as she played in it, tried it on, and decided what she was getting. I love that my upline in Premier, whom I'm very thankful for, has decided to give to Joel and Jess too. When the news of this came through my email...I just cried. I love that Premier stands on biblical principles and has the ultimate goal of bringing hope and serving others. I never saw my business in the perspective that I do now. I am blessed for this job that came to me my senior year of college. God really does have a plan and he's working it out every day of our lives.

I am blessed and humbled that through Premier we could have Jewels for Cora.

7 comments:

Aaron and Shannon said...

You're so welcome, even though I feel like I didn't do a whole lot! It turned out to be a great night and God was definetly present. You did a great job with all! That amount is amazing... and I'm so glad that I could be a part of an amazing event!

Kristi REDISKE said...

I do not live in Newton but I am from Newton-I wish I could have come to the jewelry Benefit for Cora and her family. Thankyou so much for updating the people on the net on the outcome. I really should have made an effort to come-it sounds like it was such a blessing. I am so impressed how all Joel and Jess's friends have surrounded them and showed the their love and compassion. I pray for them everyday-thanks for following the Lord and doing what he has called us all to do.

The Packard's said...

That is great Amanda! I wish I could have been there.

Amy said...

Amazing. YOU were amazing! Such a great gift you gave to Joel and Jess. Not only the money, but they jewelry... a forever reminder of her beautiful little girl and all the people who love her. I'm blessed to have a friend as caring as you! :)

Amy said...

Thank you also for your sweet card! I agree... it is funny how we know each other better now that you're not at SC anymore. Corey's always saying, "Don't you see her all the time? Isn't she right down the hall from you?" He doesn't understand when I'll say that I go days without seeing other teachers. It's crazy. Now it's all thanks to the world of blogging. :)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I'm so, so happy to hear such great news. Thanks for sharing with us all - Premier is an amazing company for many reasons, but the ability to use your business for things like Cora's playground makes it even better!! Way to go! What a fantastic team effort! :)

Anonymous said...

What fantastic news..What a great tribute to sweet Cora, Cora's Playground will be. I don't personally know Jess, Joel and Cora but I feel like I do. They have touched my very soul! I don't know how they are getting through the days.They have such AMAZING faith! What a great community they live in..They have WONDERFUL friends!

Kim