Saturday, November 29, 2008

Teachers are paid TOO much!

One day, I found a piece of paper folded up sticking in our door. At first I thought it was just junk...I opened it and found this....(given to me by a good neighbor friend!)

Aren't you all sick of those high-paid teachers?

Their hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do....baby-sit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage. That is right. I would give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked, not any of that silly planning time. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45am to 4:00pm with 45 min. off for lunch).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for those teachers to baby-sit their children.

Now, how many do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

Let's see...that's $585 x 180 - $105,300 per year.

(Hold on....my calculator must need batteries!)

What about those special teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage just to be fair, round it off to $7 an hour. That would be $7 times 6 1/2 hours times 30 children times 180 days = $245,700 per year.

Wait a minute...there is something wrong here!

There sure is, DUH!

The average teacher salary is $50,000/180 days - $277 per day/30 students = $9.23/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student). Very inexpensive babysitter and they even educate your kids!

Oh wait....and I know a few teachers who have been spit at, hit, kicked, pinched, cut, chairs thrown at them, desks knocked over, and the list goes on.....all in an elementary school classroom!

To all my teacher friends....you have one of the most important jobs of all time...you are greatly appreciated and I can only hope and pray that when my little ones are in school they will have teachers just like you...or better yet...you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great point. :) I knew you didn't really mean it when I read the title of this entry!